Susie Gray Uphues, Dallas Makeup Artist

Friday, November 21, 2008
The Body Art Ball

SG1 10-07 OK....this might be one of the greatest experiences of my career as an artist !!!! When I was first asked to be an artist in the Body At Ball...I was a little compressive..but I am always up for a challenge so I said yes..I am so glad I did..I think I really realized my true talent as an artist...(I mean I could always draw and paint and stuff like that...but this was beyond...)...so my first ball was to paint Kyle.."The Patriot"....it took me 10 hours to paint him....and I called a friend (Cathy Hardick) to help with the solid stuff...I had no idea what I was getting myself into..it took ten hours to paint!! When Kyle took the stage...it was one of my proudest moments!!! We got a standing ovation and I was so teary eyed!!! One of my shining moments....

But it gets even better..when I was asked to create "The Pimp" I was truly challenged..but it proved to be a shining moment because my dancer Damien brought my idea to life...we won  an award for Best Design and of course Best Dancer that year...then the next year the Body Art Ball went on tour with the best of the best and my design was chosen to be the picture on the tickets!! That was very cool...as mentioned in my bio... a local film production company did a documentary on the artists and  and the dancers titled Anatomy of the Canvas and showcased it at Magnolia...it was fun to see myself on that side of the camera...since I am always behind...if you ever get a chance to attend....you should!!!

032004-223932-1 (Medium) 

body art ball

032104-002430-1 Taking my bow...

posted by Susie Gray Uphues @ 2:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Susie Gray Uphues
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Dallas Based international professional Makeup Artist. Photo shoots, videos, weddings and freelance work...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
CONTACT SUSIE

Tel. 214.455.6512
Email Click here to email Susie

Represented By
The Campbell Agency
Tel. 214.522.8897

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER