Susie Gray Uphues, Dallas Makeup Artist

Friday, November 21, 2008
Fashion/ Model: Natalie/Photographer: Kent Barker / www.kentbarker.com

     Sometimes when you do a shoot...you just know...you just know it's going to be beautiful...this was my first time to work with Kent and the absolutely sweetest ever and talented Peggy Wolf...his studio manager and love of his life.  One thing I love about my job is being able to stand back behind the photographer and see what he is seeing...Natalie is amazingly beautiful!! I knew we were capturing some amazing shots but when Kent sent them to me....I was actually shocked!! I was sooo excited!! When I showed them to the Agency...the response was...Oh my God...I just broke out in chills...now that's a compliment!! So I decided to use Natalie as the face for my comp card...and I love them!!

Stambaugh-8672

Stambaugh-8947 natalie 

Stambaugh-8776

Emily-0750 copy

 

 

 

 

 

 

Emily, a Ambercrombie model, chose Kent to do her wedding portrait.  But being a model she wanted something different and on the edge.  Emily is very down to earth so we started very soft and natural.  Her dress was an antique that she found at a vintage store and had tailored to fit perfectly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

campbell pictures 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure if she actually wore her cowboy boots on her wedding day, but they sure were cute for this picture on the stairwell at Southside on Lamar.

Emily-1200 

Before heading off to Deep Elum for a more editorial shot, I smoked out her eyes and went wild on the hair.  Her furry friend was the ring bearer in the wedding and he is known by none other than "Johnny Cash".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

campbell pictures 009

 

 

 

 

Love this close up of Emily.  It really shows off her amazing eyes and porcelain skin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Emily-kent barker

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A great effect for the edgy look were the biker boots.  Notice the hemline of her dress.... short in the front then trailing in the back.

 

 

 

 

Emily-kent barker.3

Only a real model could pull off looking great in their wedding dress and biker in boots in Deep Elum.  Do you see Johnny Cash?  What a great, fun day with Emily, Kent, Peggy (Kent's awesome assistant), and of course, Johnny Cash.

posted by Susie Gray Uphues @ 5:42 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Susie Gray Uphues
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Dallas Based international professional Makeup Artist. Photo shoots, videos, weddings and freelance work...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
CONTACT SUSIE

Tel. 214.455.6512
Email Click here to email Susie

Represented By
The Campbell Agency
Tel. 214.522.8897

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER