Susie Gray Uphues, Dallas Makeup Artist

Thursday, January 29, 2009
CD Covers :

      Some of the best times ever as a makeup artist is when I get a random call to do a shoot that is completely out of the ordinary... one such time was to shoot a CD cover...my first was Rebecca Henricks.  www.rebeccahenricks.com ..shot by  Kevin Jairaj  www.kjimages.com  We shot this on some railroad tracks out off I35...I loved Kevin's artistic eye...

www.kjimages.com

 

 rebecca Henricks

Later I got a call to do another CD cover for a new up and coming Rock Band...my agent was a little afraid that I  be offended that it was out in the boonies and with some pretty scrouly guys...I laughed and said...I'm in...see, I grew up in the country so any time I can  get back there and still be creative is awesome!! We shot the next CD cover in Sulphur Springs and the guys could not have been nicer...I know I say I love my job all the time..but believe it or not...trying to dodge the cow paddies in the fields made me feel right at home..

fair to midland.jpg 1 

The next picture ended up being the cover for the CD Fair to Midland...I wish I could take credit for coming up with the idea to put the guys in the pond...but it was genius...and the photographer (from LA ) wanted to catch the sundown...it was an incredible shot...

..fair to midland.jpg 2

And then along comes  Winslow...what a breath of fresh air!!! Not only is she beautiful and talented...she is also smart and so sweet...what an honor it was to work on her first  cover and publicity shots...she and her Mom had some great ideas as to what they wanted and it was so fun to bring those ideas to life!! Bode Helm was the photographer and he found some old cars that were perfect to shoot by...everything just kind of fell into place that day....

WinslowBright/myspace.com  

Photographer: Bode Helm www.bodehelm.com  

winslow_myspace_120208

XN8O9128 bodehelm

XN8O9459

posted by Susie Gray Uphues @ 2:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Susie Gray Uphues
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Dallas Based international professional Makeup Artist. Photo shoots, videos, weddings and freelance work...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
CONTACT SUSIE

Tel. 214.455.6512
Email Click here to email Susie

Represented By
The Campbell Agency
Tel. 214.522.8897

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER