Susie Gray Uphues, Dallas Makeup Artist

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Welcome to Susie Gray's Home Page

food and wine ad Hi, I'm Susie.  I am a professional Make-up Artist and Hair Stylist serving  Dallas, TX and surrounding areas. I have traveled all over the world doing makeup. After eight years as an in- house artist for Neiman Marcus, I left to become a "freelance artist". That was thirteen years ago.I was lucky back then to be  be personally trained by Bobbi Brown before leaving for London on tour for her . Bobbi taught me how to do "beautiful makeup" and recognized my talent as an artist. Hand chosen by Bobbi to be on the elite "beauty team", I was one of only 12 artists who traveled the globe as a "feature artist" and attended boot camp (an intense training session ) in New York.  

My ultimate goal was reached however when I signed with "The Campbell Agency" and began fashion and commercial shoots with local photographers as well as photographers from New York, Miami, LA, Nashville, etc. One of the highlights was getting my first Magazine cover for D and opening a National mag, Food and Wine, and seeing an ad I had worked on in Mexico! My greatest experience however was traveling to India to do makeup for a wedding in the beautiful town of Kashmir, only open to tourists for a couple of years due to the turmoil there. I felt like Aladdin on a magic carpet ride.

          I think the most  nervous I have ever been doing makeup was for my on wedding! I married the man of my dreams in Beaver Creek Co. and became Susie Gray Uphues in '05. After years of doing bridal makeup I was finally the Bride!! Being creative is sometimes  not always a blessing as I wore many designer hats for my wedding.I designed my own dress..did all the flowers and of course my makeup!! It was the happiest day of my life!..

           I think the most "fun" I've had as an artist was participating in the Body Art Ball (see pictures below) and having my work of "art" come to life.  My "Patriot " took 10 hours to paint and was the most detailed...my "Pimp" the next year and won The People's Choice award and an award for best design. A local producer made a film about the artists of the Body Art Ball and it played at the Magnolia during the Texas Film Festival that year.  After the film the producers saw that I was there and introduced me to the crowd who stood and clapped...that was pretty cool. I love what I do!

Labels:

posted by Susie Gray Uphues @ 7:55 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Susie Gray Uphues
Home: Dallas, TX, United States
About Me: Dallas Based international professional Makeup Artist. Photo shoots, videos, weddings and freelance work...
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
CONTACT SUSIE

Tel. 214.455.6512
Email Click here to email Susie

Represented By
The Campbell Agency
Tel. 214.522.8897

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER